Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can computer monitors be repaired?

I have a year and a half old 19inch, flat panel LCD Westinghouse monitor that is a lemon. When I first purchased it when I turned it on the brightness and contrast was up to 100%...it was like looking into the sun. When I turned the brightness and contrast to 0 it was still very bright to look at. I didn't think anything of it cause it was my first flat panel monitor and I gave it the benefit of a doubt. About 5 or 6 months later the brightness and colors started changing on it's own. Then it started to flicker terribly. (Like seizure causing flickers) I couldn't return it cause the store was out of state and we don't have a best buy near us. Now I think it's too late to even return it because of my warranty and I was wondering if I could get my monitor repaired. If so could you give me an idea of how much it will cost or if it would be cheaper to just buy a new (name brand) monitor.



It's not my computer, graphic card or anything like that so please don't tell me to get those checked



Can computer monitors be repaired?antispam



They probably can be repaired but the cost might be more than its worth. Might be cheaper an easier to get a new one.



Can computer monitors be repaired?avast



I would look up the manufactuar of the monitor's web site and contact their techical support. They maybe of some help on getting cost for repair, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment