Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I settle a payment problem?

My BF and I have our own biz doing computer repair and websites. In November I was done with this one lady鈥檚 website. It was everything she wanted it to be, and I was done before schedule and uploaded it to her server to go 鈥渓ive鈥?



After words, I sent her the payment information. She had known what the price was going to be around from the beginning, so what I was sending her was no surprise. The charges came up to $150 but I gave her a discount for bartering with us and it became $115.



Keep in mind she is a photographer, so I know she had money coming to her sooner or later.



She emailed me telling me that she was short on money that month and was going to be short on her rent and was getting people to help her out. So I gave her some time. Come December I emailed her, she finally got back to me saying she didn鈥檛 have access to the internet except when she went to the library. However, I found out in January she had indeed been on the internet a lot because I accidentally stumbled onto her MySpace page and saw all her communications. I did not confront her about this though, it wouldn鈥檛 be good for business I figured.



So then in February I sent her an email that if she doesn鈥檛 pay x amount with in x amount of time I will start charging interest on it for a late fee. She had not called or emailed me back. I really think she鈥檚 trying to avoid me. If she really wanted to talk to me I live across the street. It is not my place to go knock on her door, that would be over barring and bad for business. It鈥檚 not much money I am asking for, and we are a small biz so we really do need the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment