Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I tried to update my bios and now my computer wont even post?

the board is a P5N32-E-SLI i tried everything to get the bios updated i even try to bring back my old bios what i did wrong or what can i do to repair it, i jus build this machine and let me know if i need to get another board,what utilities i have to get?



i'm missing something?



I tried to update my bios and now my computer wont even post?windows



New motherboard - your old one is toast.



If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing to an HP Pavilion PIII-600 a few years back. Taught me not to mess with BIOS updates unless absolutely necessary.



If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The normal human desire to always have the latest and greatest can be fatal with a PC. I can't even count the number of times I've seen ''upgrades'' mess something up.



I tried to update my bios and now my computer wont even post?antivirus download



Sounds like it has become interrupted, if the backup is not even working, it looks like you now have a box sized paperweight.



Because you dont post, it sounds like you wont even be able to make a backup bios disk to restore.



As a future note, you should never attempt a flash of the bios unless theres a problem, or unless your willing to brick it like you have with this one.



Sorry my friend, hope this helps.
You have totally wrecked it. You probably need to buy another board, unless you can get a new bios chip. I have NEVER had to run a bios update in twenty plus years of machine and network support In normal use a bios update gives you nothing more than you had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment