Friday, August 20, 2010

What is the best download utility to buy, to clean/repair and protect my Registry?

A Registry Mechanic (installed on my Desktop) scan showed 24 shared DLL's, 75 Temporary/Shortcut and 14 Deep Scan problems/errors. Unfortunately, I'm not a computer nerd and so, I don't know what all that stuff means. I haven't purchased it (Registry Mechanic/PC Tools), yet. I don't know what a computer ''registry'' is.



I'm also receiving prompts telling me I have both application and stop (and some other type of error I don't remember) errors.



My computer's security programs consist of the following freeware: Ad-Aware SE Personal; Spybot Search %26 Destroy, and SpywareBlaster for malware/anti-spyware purposes; and for a firewall, ZoneAlarm.



I have an unpurchased/not registered Spy Sweeper (Webroot) on my Desktop which I use for scan purposes.



My only registered/purchased (anti-virus) program is AVG Professional, from Czechoslovakia, and I'm in the last year of their two-year program. I have no big complaints about them. If there's a better one, I'm not aware of it



HELP



What is the best download utility to buy, to clean/repair and protect my Registry?norton antivirus



If you go to http://www.mbusbyuk.info/links.html you can get a link to an excellent free registry cleaner called EasyCleaner. I suggest you download and run it. It doesn't usually throw up anything for deletion that will make your computer malfunction.



As far as your security stands, it seems okay to me, but it might be worth reading the security article at the same site (mentioned above) if you're really concerned about your security.



Good Luck!



What is the best download utility to buy, to clean/repair and protect my Registry?security



What you use seems to be fine. However, i would recommend switching to BitDefender Internet Security Suite to replace you Antivirus %26 Firewall once the subscriptions run out. Registry Mechanic is one of the best Registry clean/repair programs so I would recommend to keep using this.

No comments:

Post a Comment