Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Needed: Computer Guru familiar with Windows Vista. Can you help me fix my computer?

I was surfing the internet Friday night and all of a sudden my compter rebooted itself and went to the ''Windows Error Recovery'' screen. I have two options: 1) Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or 2) Start Windows Normally. When I try to start windows normally, it takes me back to this screen.



So, I try to launch startup repair. There's a window that asks me to Select a Language (english) and a keyboard layout (us), then I hit next. The next window asks me to ''Slect an operating system to repair and click Next. Only Windows Vista operating systems are listed and can be repaired.'' ... ''If you do not see your operating system listed, click Load Drivers to load driver for your hard discs. I don't see anything listed, so I hit ''Load Drivers''. I looked in all the folders but I can't find any type of ''Setup Info'' files...



Now, when it gets back to the Windows Error Recovery screen it acts like its rebooting and then just goes to a blank screen. It's also making weird clicking noise.



Needed: Computer Guru familiar with Windows Vista. Can you help me fix my computer?ariel



I agree with the first answer you got, but will add the following:



Weird clicking noises often (and I mean more than 90% of the time) indicate impending physical hard drive failure. I wouldn't spend *any* time trying to reinstall or repair the OS until you've performed a hard drive diagnostic and ruled that out. If the pc is still under warranty, call them immediately, and describe the noise - THAT is your key symptom, and what caused all the rest (the crash, the inability to recover, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment