Friday, August 20, 2010

What exactly is the ';Motherboard'; on my computer?

I have an 11 month old DELL XPS M1210 notebook that is still under warranty. I have contacted DELL and they are sending me a new Motherboard along with a field technician to install it. What exactly is the motherboard, and why did it fail so soon? It makes me wonder what kind of repairs I am facing in the near future-- when I am NOT covered under warranty.



Thanks for your help!



What exactly is the ''Motherboard'' on my computer?microsoft office



The motherboard is the large square or rectangle circuit board in your computer, that everything attaches to. They go bad sometimes..dont fret, they are sending you a field technician, so he should be able to take good care of you.



What exactly is the ''Motherboard'' on my computer?norton antivirus



To answer your follow up, about the only thing you can to to help avoid mobo failure, is buy a good surge protector. Other than that, the capacitors on motherboards just go bad sometimes. Every mother board maker has that problem. Report It


The mother board is really self explanatory. Where everything plugs in. It controls everything from CPU to RAM to your Hard Drive. Dell is know for there bad motherboards. I suggest you extend you warranty because my Dell's motherboard went out3 times already in a year and a half
the motherboard is the machine with plugs coming out of the back and where you put cds and stuff. It's called the motherboard because is controls the computer. :D
The motherboard houses everything in your computer. It brings everything from the graphics card to the memory together.

No comments:

Post a Comment