Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you restart the WHOLE computer sytem?

Ok, my friend gave me his laptop for free and when I went on the laptop it had a lot of his personal stuff, a lot of music I dislike , wrong settings for virtually everything I had, a lot of unnecessary stuff downloaded. So I was wondering how do I restart the whole system which will delete everything and make the computer sort of start over? I remember having my other computer repaired and he wiped out eveyrthing. Really appreciate any feedback which contributes to this issue. Thanks!



How do you restart the WHOLE computer sytem?free spyware remover



Sometimes Dells and HPs (and others) have a hidden restore partition. Unfortunately there is no standard way to access it. You'd have to visit the support website of the manufacturer and see 1) if that model has a restore partition and 2) how to access it.



How do you restart the WHOLE computer sytem?ktm



Nuke the whole computer. Buy a copy of Windows Vista or try Ubuntu Linux, its free !
Reformat the hard drive This site provides all of the answers.



http://www.microsoft.com/australia/small...
Hopefully you have either windows xp or vista disc, or at least a recovery CD.



Put the CD in and restart the machine, it should, if it's a recovery disc ask you if you want to repair or reinstall windows, if you want to format the drive then pick reinstall windows, it may or may not give you format options as to which format you want to install windows to (generally this will be the largest partition, just pick the option with the higher number)

No comments:

Post a Comment