Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I accidently electrocuted my computer. Can it be repaired?

It was switched on and I accdiently lifted the wrong cable and plugged it into the psp port at the back, then realised it was actually another power lead for a piece of hardware. The fan came on the in cpu and the whole machine froze. It switches on now but stays on the packard bell window. Windows doesn't start up. Can anything be done to get my files off it at least?



I accidently electrocuted my computer. Can it be repaired?virus



take it to a repair shop and see if they can fix it.



I accidently electrocuted my computer. Can it be repaired?anti virus



''PSP'' port?



Worse case scenario, you can put your old hard drive in a new machine and access all your files.
Most laptops take more than anything else voltage wise so you probably have not damaged the machine, especially if the screen comes up with the bios bit.



When you switch it on repeatedly push F8 and see what happens or CTRL



If you then get a screen saying loads of things including select how to start, go for safe mode with Networking and see if you can run the M/C



do a defrag if you can.



You may be able to start the computer with an Oh Sh1t disc if you have one. Or the disc that cam with the M/C.



any way some things to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment