Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I think I deleted something off my desktop and it cannot open up windows. How do I repair.?

When I turn on computer it says windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupt.



\Windows/System32\Congig\System



It also says SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk 0: WDC WD30 7AA-(PM)



Can I repair this by putting in my recovery disk? After that do I need to reinstall Windows XP because my recovery disk is not WIndows XP. I think it was WIndows 98.



I think I deleted something off my desktop and it cannot open up windows. How do I repair.?anti virus scan



well i feel tht u should reinstall win xp. or may be try repiaring it from win xp cd. that will replace your windows folder.but beware u will losee all your drivers and softwares installed as the registry is ging to be overwriten. so go to START -%26gt; RUN -%26gt; type in REGEDIT then just export entire registry in some place then rapair xp. when u install this registry back, most of ur progs gonna start workin. but ull have to install drivers from ur mainboard cd like disply drivers and sound drivers. so best of luck!!!



I think I deleted something off my desktop and it cannot open up windows. How do I repair.?ariel



hey i think u can repair this thing by going to your friend house and create new recovery disk or why you don't try to recover using a windows xp bootable cd
u need to format ur pc and also check this site www.msdn.com for downloads u can get frm microsoft.
dude, depending on how computer savvy u are - i would say any of the answers so far are worth a shot but if not ... might be a good idea to pay a technician to fix the problem for you or else you may end up with bigger problems. basically i would use 'system restore' to the point before you made the doomed changes (or recovery disk as you say) then you'll need to reinstall the OS you prefer. you don't say how you originally installed WinXP unless it was already loaded when you got your pc? hope all ends well 4ya. =)
dude it's telling you your western digital hard drive has a bad memory/ or that you memory is damaged. the system32 part is just telling the memory was corrupt or incomplete. you can recovery after chkdsk, but disable you SMART in your BIOS so you don't get the memory errors, since you 30Gb HDD has damaged memory. probably been moving the PC around or the bumped it around...
first off....if the computer you have is either a 2000 or 2001 or newer all you have to do is shut the computer down completely restart and imediately hold F10 it should bring up automatic system recovery depending on the type of windows you may have
I have 1 question, what OS is it? For windows XP/Vista/2000 go to msdn.com for software from microsoft, if that does not work, You have to either Reinstall the OS or reset the system. For Linux and Mac OS, check with your technican OR Reset and Reinstall the OS

No comments:

Post a Comment