Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No sound device is detected on my computer?

I have desktop stereo speakers ''Altec Lansing Power Audio System VS2120'' to be more specific. These speakers were orginally connected to another computer, but the computer had some problems and was sent to be repaired, of course only the modem was taken. So I took another older modem(which I recently installed Windows XP on) and connected everything else that was normally connected to the other computer to it. Everything else works fine, but the speakers do not work. The lights turn on, and when I turn the volume up loud enough I hear a fuzzy sound, but that is as close as they get to making any sound. The modem that I connected everything to never has been connected to the speakers before (but it has been to the printer and so the printer works). When I search the device manager my speakers don't show up, some other speakers show up as my default device (SiS 7018 Wave). I hope I gave a detailed enough description on my situation and any help would be greatly appreciated.



No sound device is detected on my computer?agv



If I understand right, you are trying to use your modem as a sound device? Usually modems are just used to connect to the internet unless yours has more than one device built into it. What I would suggest doing is look in the back of the computer and see if there is any port that is the same size as your speaker connector. It will most likely be green colored unless you have surround sound or other speaker types. If you do then try plugging the speakers into that and make sure that the sound is turned up on the computer down by the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment