Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need some serious help fixing my computer! Can anyone help me?

Here's the problem: When I try to connect to the internet on my user side it says: This connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet. To fix this problem click the box.



I clicked on the box and it said this: This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer. So I clicked repair and a box popped up with the heading: Repair Wireless Network Connection



I waited and it popped up with this: Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed - renewing your IP address



Can anyone advise me(walk me through)of how to fix this problem so that I can access the Internet from my user side?



I need some serious help fixing my computer! Can anyone help me?auto protect



CONTACT YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER....''I.S.P''. AND ASK FOR TECH SUPPORT THEY WILL GIVE YOU YOUR IP ADDRESS AND WALK YOU THROUGH THE SET UP PROCESS..



HOPE THIS HELPS..RICK



I need some serious help fixing my computer! Can anyone help me?downloads



Firstly in Internet explorer check TOOLS %26gt; INTERNET OPTIONS %26gt; CONNECTIONS %26gt; click on NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION and then click on LAN SETTINGS click on AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTINGS



Also you need to type in the network key to get full access to the network - click on the icon in the systray that refers to wireless networking open it up, check it is connecting to the correct network and type in the network key
Your router or modem is not assigning an IP address to your computer, Try cycling the power, on that equipment( turn off then back on) and try again.
Check to make sure that you are connected to whatever you get your network connection through. Make sure that if it is an external modem of some sort that you have some indicator lights on it. Next, try to reboot your computer. If that doesn't get it, then power down your modem, router or anything else that would be between the internet and your computer. Wait about 15 seconds and plug them back in. Now reboot your computer one more time. Try to hit a couple of sites. ''Yea'' if it worked....''Boooo'' if it didn't. You may need to replace your modem or router.

No comments:

Post a Comment