Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I use the system restore disk on my Compaq?

A while back I got my computer fixed, and with my tendency to ruin computers they gave me a restore disc as well as a ''Compaq Operating System CD'' I have no idea what that one is...



Basically, my computer is screwed beyond all reason. I have so many viruses I cannot get online, see pictures..my computer always shuts down exactly one minute after I turn it on. I have no idea how to restore the thing, but it is absolutely necessary. I opened up the restore cd and it was filled with a bunch of crap and codes I have never seen before. Please help me, we cannot afford to get this computer repaired.



How do I use the system restore disk on my Compaq?virus scanner



Sounds like the restore disc isn't to be operated through windows - set your BIOS to boot from disc and then reboot the PC with your restore disc in the drive and it should carry out the restore automatically.



If it's screwed beyond recovery then reboot it but this time with the operating system disc and if prompted for a fresh install or a repair try the repair first it will reinstall your driver and boot files.



Good luck



Gray



How do I use the system restore disk on my Compaq?anti virus software



If you don't know what reboot means, don't bother trying to restore your PC.



  • how long does it take to learn asp
  • get teenagers intrested
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment